Wednesday, March 18, 2009

enraptured

I finally got my hands on a new computer! I don't really consider it to be totally mine, as my parents had to go out of their way to get it for me, and somehow I need to pay them back...

Nice thing is, its my first really good laptop. I'm not really used to the mobility it gives me. But I'm starting to realize the possibilities.

Thus I sit here, in a cool, 70s type beach cafe near my house, making use of the coffee and the free internet. Its a neat, slightly rundown type place, but it is cool enough to have a big flat screen tv on one wall. When I came in this evening, they were playing episodes of Planet Earth, and its been running all evening. The episode playing right now is the one on Oceans, and there are shots of dolphins in Australia surfing the waves to get nearer to the beach. I look up, and the entire cafe is staring, enraptured, at the shots of the dolphins.

There are the odd disparaging comments about weird stuff in each episode, but still, how often do you look up to see a dozen and a half hipsters staring at the wonders of our planet?

Pretty cool.

3 comments:

Meggish said...

What is a group of hipsters called? A hunch? A sneer? Someone should research the subject.

Modern Crush said...

Just what a bunch of teenie-boppers need... a dose of what else is out there besides the yogurt shop and the Coach store...

SEMS World Radio said...

oh, these people weren't teenie-boppers. They were the type who hang out in clubs that play alternative, some punk rock maybe...the type that wear really tight jeans, some metal stuff hanging off here and there, old jackets with the elbows worn down, scarves, and modern fedora type hats. But yeah, a dose of the world. Definitely.