Thursday, May 7, 2009

Trailer Hitch Meets License Plate

You know it's a Thursday when your morning starts out with a rear-end collision right next to your place of employment.

I was a tad hasty this morning, running slightly on the late side, when I pulled up to a stop sign behind a very big black truck. It was one of those monster double cab trucks too, and had a driver and five middle schoolers in it. My mind was on the coffee I'd just purchased, getting a parking space, how many kids were crammed into that cab, and not being late, when the truck stopped quicker than I'd anticipated. I slammed on my brakes and stopped just in time to feel a slight bump.

I'd hit the truck. Barely, as I couldn't see any damage on the bumper. I pulled into a spot and got out of my car as the truck deposited its cargo. The driver pulled up next to me and a very cheerful lady informed me that absolutely everything was fine, there was no damage at all, and was I okay? I looked at the front of my car to see that my license plate had been slightly crumpled by its first meeting with the truck's trailer hitch. 

So, no worries between me and the driver, all was well. Except for my walking onto the campus. "Ms. Davis!! You hit our car!!" 3 of the 5 youngsters who'd witnessed my stupidity accosted me in the classes I coincidentally was subbing in, all informing me of my mistake. Like I hadn't been there. Oh man. I'm pretty sure all of the 7th grade now knows that Ms. Davis hit a truck before school. *sigh* Its Thursday all right.


1 comment:

Modern Crush said...

Totally awesome. But sucky. Hope you didnt lose your coffee.