Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rocking Chairs!

This past weekend saw my first time flying out of and back in to San Diego Int'l Airport. I was curious about the airport, especially as it is fairly small, and I've never seen anything remotely like a 747 fly in or out of it. I guess that the runways are a bit too short for a plane that size.

My first intimation that this was a different airport from those I've been in previously was when I was walking down the terminal to my gate, and there in one of the seating areas was...two rocking chairs. Two black, old-fashioned rocking chairs. Now I've been in a lot of airports, all over the country, and a few international airports, but never have I seen anything other than the standard segments of seating commonly found in terminals.

When I arrived back in SD, and I was heading out of the terminal I was greeted with a whole crowd of rocking chairs, positioned in such a way and place as to suggest that they were decoration, but anyone was welcome to sit in them. I grabbed a picture with my phone, just for proof.

2 comments:

Meggish said...

The airport in Charlotte, N.C. has rocking chairs. It makes sense there, though, because rocking chairs are sooooo N.C. You know, to go with your veranda.

Modern Crush said...

Weird. I have been to lots of airports and have NEVER seen rocking chairs. You know what would be even better? A barcalounger.