Thursday, July 19, 2007

Angry Baby

So what do you do with an Angry Baby?

I'm sitting here, 4 minutes and counting on having left the baby in her crib for her afternoon nap, waiting for her to stop crying. She was quite content to doze on my shoulder, but the second I put her in the crib, she becomes an angry creature, emitting piercing sounds of distress over the indignation of being put to bed. But what do you do? She showed all the signs of afternoon sleepiness: the rubbing of eyes with fists, the heavy sighs, the kneading of hands and feet, even the occasional unwarranted teariness.

And yet, the crib is simply intolerable. So here I wait, hoping that she cries herself to sleep. We are now 7 minutes and counting.

This is the part I've always hated about babysitting kids still young enough to need naps during the day. I've always felt bad about submitting them to the agony of having to take an afternoon nap. It is really hard to hear them cry.

*Sigh*

No comments: