Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Friends Rock

This goes out to the wonderful and generous Meggish the Spider-Slayer.

When complaining (yet again) of the odious task of vacuuming, aka killing, the spiders out of my kitchen cabinets, and how afraid I was of it, the Meggish volunteered to do it for me! And right then and there, she lept into her orange vessel and made her swift way to my humble abode. She spent a couple of hours fearlessly vacuuming up the cabinets, freeing them of their spidery tenants. Apparently I need to make sure to put my flour in an airtight container in the future. The spiders were attracted to the abundance of tiny little beetles that have been plaguing my kitchen for months, the source of which I could not discover until today. (I haven't opened up those cabinets in a very very long time.)

In return for her gallantry, the Meggish was rewarded with two wicker baskets that fit her bookcase, several choice books that were in my "Give Away" pile, and coffee. I hope that this was a just reward, for I feel that I owe her so much more.

Thankee kindly, good lady.

Cheers!

No comments: