Thursday, September 13, 2007

Affogato??

So a man walked into Starbucks today and walked up to the counter to order. He asked the New Guy for a drink made Affogato style, which I had earlier learned was a drink normally made with whipped cream on top, but instead was drizzled with chocolate sauce and a shot poured on top.

I was changing the trash when he asked for this drink, and I stood up and said "Affogato? Wow! Affogato how to make that!" (pronounced Ah fohgat-how to make that!) He looked at me and started to explain what it was, and then stopped. He started laughing, and my assistant manager walked up and the joke was repeated to him and chaos ensued. I swear Mark didn't stop laughing for ten minutes.

Of course everyone blamed me for cracking a really bad joke, but you have to understand. I'm not one of those people who can come up with great lines or jokes on the fly. I have had my moments, but they are few and far between. I rather thought that today's joke was a good one! Especially as I came up with it in about .5 seconds! Mark started making all sorts of awful puns, but I thought mine had been the best.

*sigh* everyone's a critic. ;)

1 comment: