Monday, June 4, 2007

Knot Proficient

Thanks to one of my mates, Bert, here is a picture of me puzzling over a knot. Several people on Sunday asked me if it was a Matthew Walker knot, which in fact it was not. I was tying a Tack knot, which can be accomplished by first making a crown knot and then a wall knot on top. Then you double back the crown and tuck the ends in the center. It can be found on page 35 of that handy book the wonderful Fiona was holding up for reference (thank you Fiona).



The hammock netting is coming along swimmingly, though a little too slow for my liking. That's mostly something I have to get over, as we all have other things to do. But I am getting faster at weaving on my rig at home, so I hope to have the netting done by the time the Surprise finally gets to sail. The sections we've finished are already looking better.

Cheers!

No comments: